Damon Dark World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damon Dark World and his spin-off: Vincent Kosmos, The Young Adventures of Damon Dark, The Lansing Chronicles.

2 posters

The Death of Damon Dark? A thriller from Brett Gerry's pen!

Straker
    Straker
    Admin

The Death of Damon Dark? A thriller from Brett Gerry's pen! Empty The Death of Damon Dark? A thriller from Brett Gerry's pen!

Post  Straker Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:47 am

This is part one of the latest Damon Dark adventure! It's a four parter from the pen of Brett Gerry who also wrote "Is there anyone out there?" which Jack Knoll hailed as the best Damon Dark story so far produced, as "Hidden Camera, Hidden Truth" which was one of the most influential stories for the series. As Director Adrian (me) Sherlock took much inspiration from that first script's use of objective, "fly on the wall" camera shots and carried it forward into subsequent episodes.

In this story, "The Death of Damon Dark", Brett plays with one of my favourite ideas, that Department Six sees Damon as either insane or a drug addict and even tries to convince Gary that his trip to the World Trade Centre (in the episode "Terror 9/11") was a delusion caused when Damon "slipped him some LSD" or in fact something more powerful!

Brett also appears in this serial as the evil Cygnus Agent, who is the COordinator of Dept Six.

The cast of Robert Trott and Charlotte Hukvari had fun on location at the You Yangs mountains shooting the hunt for the evil alien's hidden base.

I hope everyone liked this story, we sure did our best to make it a fitting follow up to "Is there anyone out there?"
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

The Death of Damon Dark? A thriller from Brett Gerry's pen! Empty Re: The Death of Damon Dark? A thriller from Brett Gerry's pen!

Post  j3pfilms Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 am

This really was an excellent story and certainly matches up to the standard of "Is there anybody out there?". I can't wait to see more episodes like these treats!
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

The Death of Damon Dark? A thriller from Brett Gerry's pen! Empty Re: The Death of Damon Dark? A thriller from Brett Gerry's pen!

Post  Straker Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 am

I'm glad you feel we matched the standards of the last one from Brett. That's great to hear. I'd been studying a lot of stuff about Kubrick and Hitchcock and I suppose as I was shooting it, I was thinking "well, this is crap compared to Kubrick, I'm just doing my best with not much time for preparation or planning." But then for what it is, it's probably quite good. I also watched some short films recently and I was horrified at how shonky some of the camera shots were in many of them.

Well, I had a great cast, and a solid script, so that really made it enjoyable to do. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:40 pm