Damon Dark World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damon Dark World and his spin-off: Vincent Kosmos, The Young Adventures of Damon Dark, The Lansing Chronicles.

4 posters

Episode 1 - "Impulse" RELEASED!!

DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Episode 1 - "Impulse" RELEASED!! Empty Episode 1 - "Impulse" RELEASED!!

Post  DoctorLansing Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:43 pm

OK guys... here it is... the long awaited pilot episode of "The Lansing Chronicles." This is PART 1 of episode 1.... in this episode, it begins with a brief summary of where Lansing came from and how he got to where he is.... Lansing asks Vincent to steal something for him so that he can finish something BIG that he is working on. Vincent helps Lansing and meets an old friend along the way! This episode is a full 10 minutes... part 2 will be coming in a week or two.

As of this moment... the episode is uploading to youtube.. so I do not have a link for it yet. But this is the official announcement that it is released on my channel so just tune in and watch... please comment here and on the video... I am anxious to hear what everyone has to say. The real cool stuff will be in part 2 but I decided to release part 1 now rather than making everyone wait.

Trea
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Episode 1 - "Impulse" RELEASED!! Empty Re: Episode 1 - "Impulse" RELEASED!!

Post  thetimethief Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:39 am

thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:41 am

I Love it!!! And Jack's voice (Xandrax) is amazing! I think that the alien will back in another or our series sooner or later!Smile
    Good job Trea...really!
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

Post  j3pfilms Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:09 am

Loved the episode! Really fantastic for a YouTube series! The amount of time and work we read you doing in the "Lansing Chronicles Updates" thread really shows in the episode. And I love the finished scene with Xandrax Smile
    DoctorLansing
    DoctorLansing
    Admin

Post  DoctorLansing Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:27 pm

j3pfilms wrote:Loved the episode! Really fantastic for a YouTube series! The amount of time and work we read you doing in the "Lansing Chronicles Updates" thread really shows in the episode. And I love the finished scene with Xandrax Smile

Thanks man! I was very happy to get part 1 released... I am surprised I havent seen more comments in this thread about it.. I dont guess Ade, Ollie, and the others have seen it yet. I am anxiously awaiting feedback. Here is some criticism for myself though... I did not like the FONTS I used for the opening titles and the credits... I am going to probably go back to the FONT I used in the teaser trailer.. I think it looks better. Another thing is in the opening titles, the ship moves a little erratically so I may try to smooth out the movement so it looks more natural. I have always found that hard in After Effects... anyways those are little issues that will be fine tuned as I go. Part 2 is in post production now... I have one little part that I need to film which is where I am now and then I can move on with the editing. I am thinking I will be able to fit the rest of the episode into part 2 so that it will just be a two parter instead of 3. I am at 81 hits in the first 22 hours so thats good I guess... hopefully they will keep coming and not level off.
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:29 am

Well more than I have in many days from my "George&Kenny" pilot...Smile That's why I think it will be....only the pilot:)
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:26 am

I liked it Trea, but I have some questions.

1. What is Lansing's motivation? Is Tempus powerful beyond the project and are they coming after him? Have they perhaps framed him as a dangerous fugitive, so he can never return to Earth? (That's a suggestion, by the way! Wink In Damon Dark, I had the idea that the Maddox Corporation was funding Tempus, so they'd be out for Lansing!)

2. Why does he want to explore the unknown in space? Is he just a scientist driven by the quest for knowledge and his curiosity? If so...say so! We need to know what drives this guy!

3. Is there an enemy out there? At the moment it seems Vincent is getting into some hijinks saving the ass of a guy who's fled a moderate danger before the story started and is now happily tinkering with an old rocket. The plot is like "I'm fine now...and I've found a hobby...restoring rockets...can you please steal some batteries for my hobby?" and VK replies "Sure, it'll be a lark" and goes have some fun with a muppet.

I think it needs an injection of "threat" and "motivation".

I suggest:

1.) Lansing wants to escape out of survival needs because Tempus/Maddox are out to hunt him down like an animal and drag his ass to the torture room and learn what he knows.

2. He is hungry to escape Earth as it's his only way out and he is driven by genuine thirst for knowledge.

3. There's a nasty alien menace out there, threatening the galaxy, and he and his ship can help stop them.

The production was really good and I liked all contributions by Trea, Chris and Jack!
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:33 am

Well...for Kosmos is more easy...his motivation is money, women..Smile
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:48 pm

LOL! Yes...well, he is easy to write for...he thinks like me, actually. Very Happy
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:50 pm

I haven't received my voices...so I suppose you made "the other thing" tonight! Well good for one of your age:)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:21 am