Damon Dark World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damon Dark World and his spin-off: Vincent Kosmos, The Young Adventures of Damon Dark, The Lansing Chronicles.

4 posters

DOCTOR WHO -THE WATER OF MARS

thetimethief
    thetimethief

DOCTOR WHO -THE WATER OF MARS Empty DOCTOR WHO -THE WATER OF MARS

Post  thetimethief Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Well...what can I say about it?
    I am not sure if I like it or not.
    The Doctor in the end is a bit too arrogant about his power and...the suicide is not a positive message. The plot is a bit confused...and...shit in 2059 we will have same house than today???Smile))
    j3pfilms
    j3pfilms
    Admin

DOCTOR WHO -THE WATER OF MARS Empty Re: DOCTOR WHO -THE WATER OF MARS

Post  j3pfilms Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:52 am

I liked it. The arrogance of The Doctor at the end was something I found very interesting, kept me on the edge of my seat just to see what would end up happening to him. As for the houses Chris, we're living in the same houses we built 50-100 years ago, so it makes sense that we might do this in the future too.
    supremecommander
    supremecommander

Post  supremecommander Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:50 am

thetimethief wrote:Well...what can I say about it?
    I am not sure if I like it or not.
    The Doctor in the end is a bit too arrogant about his power and...the suicide is not a positive message. The plot is a bit confused...and...shit in 2059 we will have same house than today???Smile))

The Doctor too arrogant??????? I have watched Doctor Who since it began and can say that the Time Lord character has always incorporated a degree of arrogance which has been on display to greater and lesser extent in his various incarnations.
    I agree suicide is a strong plot tool but it grabs your attention,don't know about shit,it probably stinks as a theme and can you tell me what houses we will be like in 2059????

Remember;
    Supreme Commander Rule 5;

The man who points a gun at you is most likely to be me!
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:44 am

I thought it was a decent if unremarkable possession thriller for most of the time it was on and I was only a little disappointed by the rather contrived idea that something can be "a fixed point in history/time" so the Doctor can't save anyone. Then the Doctor suddenly has a brain storm and for a minute there, I thought we would shake off this silly "fixed point" idea and get some old fashioned Doctorly heroics and I was ready to raise my 3/5 rating to 4/5. And then we ended on a smart, intelligent, brave woman blowing her brains out with a gun...which was apparently enough to inspire her granddaughter to be a space explorer! This took me back to 3/5. Maybe 2/5. It was...ill-considered handling of the Doctor's character and rather unconvincing handling of the main support character, too.

Shit...a strong word, perhaps, but I was fairly disappointed with this, despite some fine production quality.

And "My brother's gay. His boyfriend is so funny! Oh, no, a space monster!" is an appalling way to give gay people inclusion at the expense of the script.
    thetimethief
    thetimethief

Post  thetimethief Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:59 pm

And yes ok...The Doctor said to Adelaide that she doesn't shot the monsters when she could...but...well..if they had weapons why they doesn't use them???
    I don't think there's an alien Greenpeace or something!
    She had the gun for all the episode and let the people die?? Ok the monster were her old friends...but...you are a Captain...you need to save your crew (ok..I'm a Captain Kirk fan you know!).
    supremecommander
    supremecommander

Post  supremecommander Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:15 am

thetimethief wrote:And yes ok...The Doctor said to Adelaide that she doesn't shot the monsters when she could...but...well..if they had weapons why they doesn't use them???
    I don't think there's an alien Greenpeace or something!
    She had the gun for all the episode and let the people die?? Ok the monster were her old friends...but...you are a Captain...you need to save your crew (ok..I'm a
    Captain Kirk fan you know!).

Maybe she doesn't want to use the gun,or maybe she freezes up in the heat of battle
    which happens in real battle situations or maybe she is in league with the monsters as you mentioned they were old friends so she is suspect in that regard.
    What do think Chris? Very Happy
    Straker
    Straker
    Admin

Post  Straker Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:22 am

I think over all it was a decent, but not "great" story. It had some good stuff in there, the Mars base was cool and the possession stuff was well done, but...it had its flaws and some of them sucked a bit of the enjoyment out of it. IMO, anyway...
    supremecommander
    supremecommander

DOCTOR WHO -THE WATER OF MARS Empty cal enthusiasim for filmakers

Post  supremecommander Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:35 am

Straker wrote:I think over all it was a decent, but not "great" story. It had some good stuff in there, the Mars base was cool and the possession stuff was well done, but...it had its flaws and some of them sucked a bit of the enjoyment out of it. IMO, anyway...

You guys are producing great work and up to if not better in some instances than Dr Who. I will keep the enthusiasm in check but as a group of filmmakers, your starting to rock and the product is getting better and better. Keep pushing the boundaries everybody and well done.

Last edited by Straker on Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too many emoticons)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 am